Tumbleweed has operated as a lean one-man shop since 2014 and we are looking to bring on an employee to keep up with increasing demand and to support an expanding product line in 2021 and beyond. We are looking for someone to join our team that values quality and is committed to providing optimal service. We are looking for an individual who will primarily assemble bicycles and build wheels, has excellent customer service skills, and is eager to wear other hats and grow with our small business.
Position Title: Bike Builder and Customer Service Support
Location: Tumbleweed Bicycle Co 121 E 38th Street, Suite 106, Garden City, ID 83714
Schedule: 30+ hours a week, no weekends required. We are focused on skill and personality match and can be flexible with the right candidate if you would prefer a reduced schedule or a full time gig.
Start Date: November 1, 2021
- Primary mechanic on all Tumbleweed Prospector and Stargazer builds.
- Assist in speccing bike builds, ordering parts and tracking inventory.
- Pack and ship frames and bikes; assist with shipping as requested during high volume periods.
- Provide customer service support via phone and email. Support will primarily include consults on bike fit and build options, answering questions about our product applications, etc.
- Assist in general shop maintenance and cleaning.
- As a small business, there are a multitude of potential areas for growth depending on your skill set and aptitudes, which we will work with you to identify and develop.
Wages: Hourly rate is negotiable based on demonstrated skill and experience and ranges from $16-22/hour. Potential for bonuses/perks based on performance.
- Federal holidays and two weeks PTO after your first 4 months with us.
- Health care stipend.
- Flexibility to take extended leave for bicycle adventures.
- Employee pricing on bikes and accessories.
- Opportunity to collaborate on and help build the Tumbleweed brand and products
- 3+ years of professional experience as a mechanic in a bike shop, experience wheel building required, competence with hydraulic brakes, suspension setup/service, electronic shifting systems are a plus.
- Passion for cycling, knowledge and experience with bike touring/bikepacking.
- Friendly, helpful and professional demeanor in person, over the phone and in written communication.
- Ability to have fun, stay relaxed, ask questions, and keep learning.
- A sense of humor and willingness to be flexible in a growing small business environment.
- Currently living, or willing to relocate and work full-time out of Boise, ID.
- Organized, self-starter, and attentive to detail.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
How to Apply: Please provide your resume (no more than two pages), three references, and a cover letter (no more than 1000 words). In your cover letter, include your responses to the following prompts.
- Share a story of your favorite bike touring experience; or if you haven’t toured, your best day on a bike.
- Describe an excellent customer service experience you have had and what made it exceptional.
Preference will be given to applications received before September 17th. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.